A 50 kDa recombinant human placental protein expressed in Escherichia coli. It inhibits ribonuclease (RNase) activity of common eukaryotic enzymes such as RNase A, RNase B, RNase C by non-covalent binding in a 1:1 ratio. It is intended for use in applications where the presence of RNases may cause a hazard to RNA quality and experiment results, e.g. in RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, RT-PCR, in vitro transcription and translation, or RNase-free monoclonal antibody preparation.
Features and advantages
- Completely inhibits RNase A, B and C activity
- No polymerase or reverse transcriptase activity
- Free of DNase and RNase activity
- Stable up to 58°C and at min. 0.5 - 1 mM DTT concentration ranges
- Active in diverse reaction conditions and in various buffers
- Active over a broad pH range (pH 5.5 - 9.0)
- RNA isolation and purification
- cDNA synthesis, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR
- in vitro transcription and translation
- RNase-free monoclonal antibody preparation
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to inhibit the activity of 5 ng RNase A by 50%.