PROTEINASE K Molecular Biology Grade
- High activity and exceptional purity .
- Stable over a wide pH range: 4.0-12.5 (optimum pH 7.5-8.0).
- Decreased amount of host DNA (≤ 10 pg/mg / MBG or ≤ 0.1 pg/mg NGS).
- Extraction of DNA and RNA from different starting materials.
- Purification of target material from contaminating proteins.
- Removal of DNases and RNases during nucleic acids isolation.
One unit of Proteinase K hydrolyzes urea-denaturated hemoglobin producing color equivalent of 1 μmol tyrosine per 1 min at 37°C and pH 7.5 (Folin & Ciocalteu's method), 1 U = 1 mAnsonU.